Last Updated: October 23rd, 2023
This Content Policy (the “Policy”) forms part of the Semrush Terms of Service available at https://www.semrush.com/company/legal/terms-of-service/ (“Semrush Terms of Service”) and seeks to maintain a positive experience for all of our Users by helping you to understand what types of content and uses of our Services and Website are acceptable. If we become aware of content that falls outside the bounds of what is acceptable under the Policy, we may delete it. We also take steps to prevent uses of the Services and Website that are contrary to the spirit of the Policy.
Capitalized terms not defined herein shall have the meanings assigned to them in the Semrush Terms of Service.TABLE OF CONTENTS
- YOUR USE OF SEMRUSH CONTENT
- USER CONTENT
- LICENSE TO USER CONTENT
- THIRD PARTY CONTENT; OBLIGATIONS REGARDING CONTENT
- DOWNLOADING FILES
Semrush Blog — blogs, available at www.semrush.com or other URL we might designate.
Semrush Content - any part of the Website or Services including text, documents, data, studies, flowcharts, diagrams, images, audio and video files and other materials uploaded to the Website or Services and created or developed by Semrush, Semrush’s employees or third parties engaged by Semrush.
User Content - any content you post, upload or otherwise make available on the Website or through the Services, including information, data, text, graphics, photos, videos or other materials.
YOUR USE OF SEMRUSH CONTENT
The use of the Services or Website in conjunction with other tools or resources in furtherance of any of the unacceptable uses described below is prohibited.1. Permitted Use
You may use Semrush Content solely for your internal business purposes and/or to learn about the Services, and solely in compliance with the Policy.
Semrush Content and all other content on the Website may not otherwise be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, distributed or used in any other way unless specifically authorized by us.
The Website may include features that allow you to share User Content with us and other Users and make User Content publicly available. Such User Content is not a Confidential Information.
You are responsible for your use of the Website and/or Services, for any User Content you post, and for any consequences thereof.
You acknowledge and agree that you have limited ability to delete User Content published on the Website.
You expressly agree that you will not post, email, submit, transfer, publish or otherwise make available any User Content or act in a way which:
- libels, defames, invades privacy, stalks;
- is obscene, pornographic, defamatory, fraudulent, tortious, racist, abusive, harassing, threatening or offensive;
- seeks to exploit or harm children by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable details for improper purposes or otherwise;
- infringes any intellectual property or other right of any entity or person, including violating anyone's copyrights or trademarks or their rights of privacy or publicity;
- violates any law or may be considered to violate any law;
- violates any contractual or other relationship (e.g., inside information, proprietary or confidential information received in the context of an employment or a non-disclosure agreement);
- advocates or promotes illegal activity;
- impersonates or misrepresents your connection to any other entity or person or otherwise manipulates headers or identifiers to disguise the origin of the content;
- advertises any commercial endeavor (e.g., offering for sale products or services) or otherwise engages in any commercial activity (e.g., conducting raffles or contests, displaying sponsorship banners or sponsored videos, and/or soliciting goods or services) except as specifically authorized on the Website;
- solicits funds, advertisers or sponsors;
- includes programs which contain viruses, worms and/or 'Trojan horses' or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, overload, collapse, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications;
- amounts to a 'pyramid' or similar scheme;
- restricts or inhibits any other person from using the Website (including without limitation by hacking or defacing any portion of the Website);
- disobeys any policy or regulations established from time to time regarding use of the Website or any networks connected to the Website; or
- contains links to other websites that contain the kind of content which falls within the descriptions set out above.
If you elect to use Third Party Services and Products (through API or otherwise), you guarantee that your Content:
- does not contain any data, code or other materials that are subject to a GPL (GNU Public License) or LGPL (Lesser GNU Public License) license, ODbL (Open Database license), or any other license, that would impose obligations on us to distribute or disclose any data or software with which the content is combined or to permit third parties to reverse engineer or replace any portions of any data or software with which the content is combined, or that would require us to license patent rights to any party, or that would impose any other obligation or limitation on us;
- is originated or derived directly from you versus being derived from any secondary or aggregated sources and/or officially approved in writing by you as an official source of such data;
- complies with the Policy; if User Content contains personal data of any third party you shall comply with all applicable data protection laws. Semrush will not be liable for the breach of the applicable data protection laws in relation to the personal data you posted or shared with us or which are part of the User Content
You understand that the Services, including any User Content, may be unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices; and (c) transmission to Semrush’s third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to operate and maintain the Services. You acknowledge and agree that you bear sole responsibility for adequate security, protection and backup of the User Content that you post to the Website and you warrant and represent that User Content and your use of User Content will not violate any applicable law or any third party right. Semrush will have no liability for any unauthorized access or use of any of User Content, or any corruption, deletion, destruction or loss thereof.
LICENSE TO USER CONTENT
By displaying, publishing, or otherwise posting or making available any User Content you hereby irrevocably grant and assign to Semrush a royalty-free, fully-paid, perpetual, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide license to any and all rights in the User Content including without limitation all copyright, together with all consents (if any) necessary to enable its storage, reproduction, distribution, modification, publishing and/or other use and exploitation including the creation of derivative works, by Semrush and/or by any person authorized by Semrush, by any means and in all media now known or hereafter devised, without the requirement to make payment or other reference to you or to any third party or the need to seek any third party permission.
You represent and warrant that you own the User Content submitted, displayed, published, posted or made available by you on the Website or through the Services and otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth herein, and the displaying, publishing or posting of any content you submit, and our use thereof does not and will not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, trademark rights, contract rights or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights or other rights of any third party.
THIRD PARTY CONTENT; OBLIGATIONS REGARDING CONTENT
User Content created by other Users of the Website and/or Services or any third party (the “Third Party Content”) may be subject to additional restrictions besides those set forth in the Policy. Additional terms may be applicable to Third Party Content. We are not responsible for and do not endorse any Third-Party Content.
You acknowledge and agree that we reserve the right (but have no obligation) to do one or all of the following, at our sole discretion: (a) evaluate User Content before allowing it to be posted on the Website or any other websites or social media sites; (b) monitor User Content; (c) alter, remove, reject, or refuse to post or allow any User Content to be posted on the Website or other websites or social media sites for any reason or for no reason whatsoever and with or without notice to you; (d) contact you regarding User Content; and/or (e) disclose any User Content and the circumstances surrounding its transmission to any third party.
We may do any of the foregoing actions in order to operate the Website and/or Services; to protect Semrush, Semrush affiliates , and their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, and representatives, and the Website’s users and visitors; to comply with legal obligations or governmental requests; to enforce the Policy; for any reason or purpose. We shall have no obligation or liability to you for failure to do so or for doing so in any particular manner.
Semrush does not guarantee or warrant that files available for download through the Website will be free of infection by software viruses and other harmful computer code, files or programs.
All notices, requests, claims, demands and other communications regarding the Policy are welcomed and should be addressed through this form.